Innovation Lead – Sports, Media, & Entertainment
We’re looking for an Innovation Lead to support TitletownTech’s Innovation Lab and the corporate partners in our Sports, Media & Entertainment industry vertical. The role reports to TitletownTech’s Director of the Innovation Lab and is based in Green Bay, WI next to Lambeau Field.
As the Innovation Lead you will play an essential role in surveying start-up activity in the nexus of the Sports, Media, and Entertainment industries; work directly with our corporate partners to understand the industry opportunities and headwinds they work through on a regular basis; and act as the lead in the development of new solutions to bring value in the Sports, Media, and Entertainment industries.
What You Will Do
- Regularly publish insights on relevant start-up activity in the Sports, Media, and Entertainment industries to TitletownTech’s corporate partners and broader constituents.
- Act as the main point of contact for our corporate partners in the sector, visiting their locations to best understand the challenges and opportunities they see as well as presenting potential avenues for elevating each partner’s unique needs by leveraging TitletownTech’s network capabilities.
- Engage, facilitate, support, and lead TitletownTech’s Sports & Media Innovation Council members through our innovation model with the objective of launching a new venture that solves broad industry problems (“new idea” to “seed funding”).
- Own the interface between our Sports & Media Innovation Council members, in-residence resources, and TitletownTech’s core operating team.
- Research business opportunities within Sports & Media that are up-and-coming or potentially underserved.
- Research and track new applications of technology and new startups that are developing in the sports and media industry. Follow and report on what new ventures are getting funding, and what new products and services are coming into the market for early adopters. Develop a point of view on early stage activity in this space.
- Network and research to identify a start-up champion who will be able to lead and build the next Sports & Media venture from seed funding to $100M in revenue.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality; and,
- Take an active role in the development of the TitletownTech culture throughout Northeastern Wisconsin (and beyond).
What We Are Looking For
- Strong interest and desire to take part in the further development of Wisconsin’s start-up economy;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong ability to build relationships and to foster trust to enable high impact and meaningful working sessions for the innovation council.
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of service and response;
- Experience in the Sports, Media and Entertainment industries required;
- Experience in project management is preferred;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with executive-level corporate leaders; and
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with up-and-coming technologies.
About TitletownTech: TitletownTech creates new, high-growth, scalable ventures by developing digital solutions for key market problems. Formed out of the partnership between the Green Bay Packers and Microsoft, TitletownTech enables and invests in early-stage businesses through its Innovation Lab, Venture Studio, and Venture Fund. TitletownTech is located in Green Bay, directly west of Lambeau Field.
For more information, please contact: